We appreciate your interest in our application. Though, we do not offer this feature on a community version and is only available for Enterprise
If you decide to do so, you may further check our Product EditionFeature comparison and pricing
Hope you find this information helpful. Let us know if you have any additional inquiries and we'll be happy to help. Thank you.
The system will indeed log you out after finishing the wizard. The licensing wizard will prompt to proceed with the registration of your database and some information. Enter your details accordingly as shown. It should continue successfully and there will be no need to register it through DBMC. Also, we are not experiencing some errors in our end. Can you try to log out, close the application, sign in back, and confirm if the error still prompts? If it is, can you send us a screenshot?
We’re eager to receive your prompt feedback on this.
Hope you're off to a great day.
We understand the modifying your User Roles will be useful in your end. Though, Customizing User Role is not included in The Connected Business Community or Express Edition
What comes with the Connected Business Community or Express Edition are unlimited users, customers, products, etc. It has multi-user support, the eCommerce module, the RESTful web services layer, and support for the Connected Business COOP applications (POS, Warehouse, eShopCONNECTED). Also, it only works with the free Microsoft SQL Express database engine.
Let me know if this has answered your question. Otherwise, please feel free to reach out so we can assist you further. Thank you.
Happy New Year! As posted to your ticket, starting 18.2, Connected Sale is no longer available as an iOS App from Apple. This will only be supported in Desktop. Thank you.
Thank you for your interest in the application. We highly suggest to download the latest version, Connected Business 19 as previous issues or bugs are mostly addressed in the current version. Hope this helps. Thank you.
We highly suggest to download the latest version of Community Edition (CB 19). CB 18 is a version lower. You may see in the list of blogs connectedbusiness.com/blog.aspx to what have been fixed, changed or added. Thank you.
Yes, this should be addressed in the current version Connected Sale Desktop App (CB 19). Transactions can now be printed without requiring Connected Sale Printer Applet. Thank you.
You may go to vimeo.com/connectedbusiness to see more of our videos:
If you are looking into Sales Tax Compliance, you may check :
Navigating Sales Tax Compliance
Or, if you want to check the entire webinar last July, you can check Version 19 Webinar vimeo.com/279931722 .
You may also check our Release Notes for Connected Business 19 for what has been fixed, enhanced or added in this version
Release Notes for Connected Business 19
Release Notes for Connected Business 19 Build 6840
Release Notes for Connected Business 19 Build 6875
Hope these help. Thank you.
We do not have an option to void a GRN. With this, you still need to process the Bill to close or clear off a GRN. Then, go back to the GRN, process a Return to Supplier and accordingly, convert it to debit memo. Make sure that it has the same amount on the bill. Then, allocate the generated debit memo to the bill to cancel out the balance amount. Thank you.
POS Service Connection usually is setup in the server. Are you hosted with us? If it is, can I have your given POS Service URL so I can try it in my end and see the error. If not, yes, it should be done in the server. Also, make sure that the port number use for the POS Service is permitted through your firewall or anti-virus. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
How long does the Connected Sales loads locally? There shouldn’t be a difference having it locally or on a web server. Also, there are several factors that might affect the loading of applications or forms –local drive space or even stable internet connection. We highly recommend connecting through LAN instead of connecting thru a Wifi. Connected Business is a data driven platform which the speed depends on how large the database is. Anyhow, if the local workstation has limited space which has several other programs running, running it on web server might also help. Thank you.
Apologies for the overlook. Is this still happening? If it is, will you be able to submit a ticket on my.connectedbusiness.com/clientarea.php so we can further check on this? Thank you.
Which Connected Business version are you using? It should be working just fine with Connected Business 19.0.6803. Also, make sure that the POS Folder has enough permissions C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Business Server 19.0.6803\POS and also, back to your IIS Manager, right click your setup POS Service. Then, select Edit Permissions. Click the Security tab, Click Edit, and then click Add. Under Enter object names to select, type Network Service and IUSR, and then click OK. In the Group or user names box, click NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR . You can click 'Advanced ' at the lower left corner of the window. Then, Find Now. Click NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR.
Let me know how it will work on your end. Thank you.
You may follow indicated steps
Installing and Setting POS Desktop App and POS Web Service for Connected Sale
1. Install the POS Web Service components using the Connected Business installer. Once the POS component is successfully installed, you can access the POS folder usually located in the location path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Business 18.2\POS
2. Open your IIS Manager to open the Internet Information Services configuration window.
3. Since CB 18 is already a 64-bit installer, when setting up your web services or website, please make sure that the application pool you're using is set to Enable 32-Bit Applications: FALSE", .Net Framework Version = v4.0, Identity = Network Service and Managed Pipeline Mode = Integrated
4. In the Connections pane, right-click the Sites node in the tree, and then click Add Web Site .
5. In the Add Web Site dialog box, type a name for the POS WebService in the Web site name box. Select application pool created in step 3
6. In the Physical path box, type the physical path of the POS WebService's folder, or click the browse button (...) to navigate the file system to find the folder(usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Business CE 18.2\POS\WebService ).
7. Back to your IIS Manager, right click your setup POS Service. Then, select Edit Permissions
8. Click the Security tab, Click Edit , and then click Add .
9. Under Enter object names to select, type network service and iusr , and then click OK.
10. In the Group or user names box, click NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR . You can click 'Advanced ' at the lower left corner of the window. Then, Find Now. Click NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR.
Configure The POS Service Connection
1. Open your Application Configuration Tool that could be found on your desktop and Installation Folder (Interprise.Presentation.Utility.AppConfig)
2. Open the web configuration file . To do this, click the Open menu from the File section and select Configuration File option. A dialog window will be displayed. Find the web.config file which is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Business CE 18.2 Server\POS\WebService
3. Select the Company Setup to configure, and set the Connection Protocol option to LAN. You can leave the User Code and Password as it is if you are using the default database, otherwise you can change it according to your settings.
4. If you are using a different database other than the default, you need to change the database connection. Click the ellipsis button to change the Database Connection. In the Database Connection window, select the Server Name, Database Name and Login Authentication. Click Test Connection button to check if the connection is working and click OK to close the window.
Running Connected Sale POS Service
1. Back to your IIS Manager , right click your setup POS Service. Select Manage Website > Browse. Enter POS credentials : Username: posadmin Password: posadmin.
2. Once loaded, copy the POS Service URL
1. In your C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Business 18.2\POS, you may just click Interprise.Presentation.POS.exe
2. Click on Connection. Add or paste the POS Service URL you copied from step 2.
3. Enter your default admin admin credentials.
(Free) Welcome to the Connected Business implementation and setup course! In this course we will walk you through the various steps you need to take in order to configure your copy of Connected Business for your company. This course is made up of 11 Lessons. This course is not designed to substitute an experienced implementation professional and we highly recommend that you work with one of our partners through this process to guide you to success. You can start the course by clicking the video screenshot on the first course on the right (in the course list). Connected Business is a...