Ribbon Interface Overview
Ribbon Menu Options
From traditional toolbar and hierarchical menus in lower versions of Connected Business products, Ribbon was specifically designed in version 6.0 to accommodate the needs of most customers to improve application stability.
The new look of these forms allows easy and one-click access to commands, simplified user interface and a more compact commands. As an effect, it will be easier for the user to locate and evoke the required command in one single mouse click.
Find Search Screen
The search screen lists records or data as specified by the user that exist within the application and is usually accessed from drop down menu of a specific menu button. It is used mainly to look for a particular record prior to performing a particular action. Double click on a record to load its form. The sample search screen below is the Customer search screen used to search for customer list and some of its parts are labeled.
After clicking the find folder under a menu item drop down list, the search screen appears on the dashboard section, and will list the specified records, like active customers as seen above. To search for a record, try one of the following options:
- If there are a large number of records, you can filter the results by entering the keyword in the search field and then clicking the Go button.
- For transaction records, the default sorting order of the items in the search screen is by codes so the code column comes first in the table. Click a column header to group by that column and look for the record by that group. You may select and load the form by double clicking the record or using the arrow keys to highlight and then pressing [Enter].
- For entities like customers, suppliers or sales representatives, the default sorting order is by name. Type the first few letters of the name and hit [Enter] to easily sort out the names close to the keyword you provided.
- You may drag a column header using your mouse to the Group by Box area (“Drag a column header to group by that column”) to group the records by that header e g. drag the State column to group the customers by state.
- Click on any of the directory buttons to find the record by its first letter or number.
- Click the Advanced Search button to make a refined search using conditions, as seen below.